Terms & Conditions
General – The terms and conditions of booking your stay with us at Parade House, Woolacombe, are presented below. Parade House, Woolacombe is a trading name of Sugar and Spice Group Ltd. The company is registered in England and Wales, Registered address: Lomond House, 35 Bathwick Hill, Bath BA2 6LD 07479 823105. Customers renting the property with Parade House, Woolacombe are referred to as the “Guests” or the “Guest”.
2. Booking – All bookings can be placed through the secure website (www. Paradehousewoolacombe.com). The Guest placing the booking must be over 23 years of age on the check-in date. Upon booking, the full names, email addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth of all the guests staying must be supplied to Parade House, Woolacombe.
3. Rental Period – Rentals commence at 6.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 09.00am on the day of departure unless different check-in and check-out times have been agreed, in which case the latter shall define the rental period. This period is hereafter referred to as the “Rental Period”. The Rental Period dates will be stated on the reservation confirmation provided to the Guest when they book and cannot be exceeded unless parade House, Woolacombe gives written approval. The Guest will be liable for any cost, of whatever nature, incurred because of an unauthorised extension. Arrangements can be made for a later/earlier check-in/check-out, but this is subject to prior arrangement and an additional fee. If there is any delay in vacating the property beyond the agreed time a full day’s rental is charged to the Guest as a minimum.
4. Refund – In order for your booking to be confirmed, a non-refundable deposit of 30% must be paid upon booking. Your final balance is payable at least 30 days before your arrival date, (or on confirmation of booking, if less than 30 days prior to arrival date). You may lose your booking and deposit if you do not adhere to these time scales.
5. Cancellations – We require all cancellations to be notified by telephone and confirmed in writing or by email, to us at Parade House, Woolacombe, regardless of the reason for cancellation. Without written confirmation or email we cannot process your cancellation. On receipt of the written cancellation we will endeavour to re-let the property. If we succeed in re-letting the property for the whole period, a refund of the holiday cost will be made. The amount refunded will reflect the price achieved at re-sale. Otherwise a cancellation charge will be payable – this will be based on the number of days before the holiday start date that the cancellation is received in writing or by email. It is as specified below:
Cancellation received 0 – 13 days prior to your stay, means 100% of the total cost of your holiday is retained by Parade House, Woolacombe
Cancellation received 14 – 30 days prior to your stay, means 75% of the total cost of your holiday is retained by Parade House, Woolacombe
Cancellation received 31 days prior to your stay means your total deposit is retained by Parade House, Woolacombe
Please note. If you have not booked directly, your refund may be further subject to your agents booking fee to you and their commission fee to us, which will be deducted from the amount returned to you, as set out above.
6. Damage Deposit – We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and standard each property at Parade House has on offer. Therefore we request that you pay a £500/£1000 (depending on your property) Damage Deposit, as advertised at the time of booking. The deposit is payable when you complete the final payment for your stay. Should a charge be made, you will be notified of the amount and the reason by e-mail. An additional fee may be charged if house rules are broken or if the damage exceeds the amount held. Once your stay is complete, the property will be checked and cleaned. Once this has been carried out we will refund your deposit, in the same manner in which it was deposited to us. This should take no longer than 7 days after check-out but may take up to 14 days. It should be noted that we very rarely have to take monies from a Damage Deposit.
7. The Guests Obligations – The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a Rental Period only (within the meaning of schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988.) The Guest agrees: That in no circumstances should overnight accommodation be provided for guests other than those declared to Parade House, Woolacombe in advance of their stay. To undertake to pay for any losses or damage to the property caused. To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. To permit Parade House, Woolacombe, reasonable access to the property. That a travel cot will only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less. Parade House, Woolacombe is not responsible for the maintenance of travel cots. Where travel cots are requested, the Guest must supply their own linen for the travel cot.
The guest(s) agree(s) not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises:
- Not to be the cause of any noise between 10pm and 9am. Parade House is ideally positioned on the sea front in Woolacombe. Whilst barely overlooked, the properties are still within earshot of other properties and we ask for noise to be kept to a minimum and that you have respect and regard for other Parade House guests and local neighbours. Whilst it has not been necessary in the past, we reserve the right to retain some or all of your deposit if there are complaints for noise pollution
- Not to smoke in the property or any of the public areas associated with it.
- Not to bring any pets to the property unless previously agreed upon booking (There is a fee of £25 per pet per stay that is required prior to the commencement of your booking. No Pets are to be allowed on the sofas or in the bedrooms. No pets should be left alone in the properties for long periods of time and they should be crated during this time.
- To read any safety notices and advice upon arrival in the property.
- No to re-let or sublet the property to any other group/party.
- To only use the property strictly for residential purposes.
- Not to the property for parties or gatherings (unless previously agreed via email firstname.lastname@example.org, If this is not respected, the Guest may be charged against their damage deposit and asked to leave).
- Not to make use of the phone or fax line connected to the property.
- Not to light any fires or candles in the property.
- Not to permit any visitors to enter the property.
- Please note, you are very welcome to use the hot tub for the duration of your stay, however we restrict this use between the hours of 8am and 10.30pm for the consideration of our other guests and neighbours. (Any guests found to be using the hot tubs outside of these hours will be subject to a fine of £50 per offence, which will be deducted from your damage deposit). Please also note that due to nature of the cleaning process we cannot guarantee that your hot tub will be up to temperature on the first day of your arrival.
- Please ensure you take all of your belongings with you upon check out. Due to the nature of the business there is a £20 fee ontop of postage and packing charges that we have to implement to post items that you may have left behind to you
Parade House Woolacombe (Sugar and Spice Group) reserves the right to cancel any booking should guests be found to be in breach of the terms and conditions stated above.
The Guest is responsible for ensuring that the property is not occupied by more people than is stated on the Guest’s booking confirmation email. Parade House, Woolacombe reserves the right to refuse admittance to the property if it feels this condition is likely to be breached. In this case no paid funds will be returned.
In the event of an emergency the guest is asked to:
- make use of the fire blanket and/or fire extinguisher if appropriate
- leave all belongings and exit swiftly through the main exit, ensuring all individuals require assistance are brought to safety
- wait on the main car park over the road away from the building and inform emergency services by calling 999 and quoting your location
- our contact number is 07479823105 in case you need to reach us
8. Condition of Property – The Guest must follow the instructions in the welcome manual of the property on. Any losses, damage, or any cleaning necessary over and above normal servicing, will be deducted from the Damage Deposit. By placing a booking with Parade House, Woolacombe, the Guest authorises it to request and receive payment for these from your Security Deposit. The Guest is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture, etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of the Rental Period. No items can be removed from the property. The Guest will be responsible for making good any damage to the property or its contents, which has occurred due to negligence, wilful damage or irresponsible behaviour on the part of those occupying the property or their guests. Such damage must be reported, without delay, to Parade House, Woolacombe by the House Keeper. The cost of the repair or replacement must be agreed with, and paid to, Parade House, Woolacombe. The Guest is responsible for ensuring that no person staying or visiting the property during the Guest’s stay will suffer anything to be done which would endanger the policy of Parade House, Woolacombe’ insurers in respect of the property and its contents which might make the same void or voidable.
9. Keys – The loss of a key (including parking fobs) to a property will be charged at £150.00. Keys must be returned upon check-out as stipulated in the property’s House Manual or as per the instructions of Parade House, Woolacombe. If left in a keysafe, it is the
responsibility of the Guest to ensure the keysafe is locked properly. In case of a key not being found in the keysafe following checkout, or if the keysafe code has been changed or for another reason the keysafe fails to open and Parade house Woolacombe or its representative are unable to retrieve the keys, this will be treated as the Guest having lost the key. Duplication of keys, and the changing of entry or keysafe codes is not permitted. Divulging access arrangements to third parties is not permitted.
10. Services and facilities – (including but not limited to Hot Tub, Sky TV and Gas BBQ). Properties are advertised as providing a number of services, facilities, andamenities. While every effort is made to this end, the availability and properfunctioning of these cannot be guaranteed. Parade House, Woolacombe is not responsible to provide any refund or alternative provision of said service, facility, or amenity, and no refunds will be offered. All personal belongings and contents left in the property or in the car parks are left at the Guest’s risk. Insurance should be taken by the Guest for these, and any loss or damage to their belongings is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
Vehicles may only be parked in designated areas, (2 spaces per property) If a vehicle is parked on or in front of an access route to the property without authorisation, failing attempts to contact the Guest, Parade House, Woolacombe and associated parties reserve the
right to tow the vehicle away.
11. Linen – All linen and towels for beds are included and changed prior to the Guest’s stay. If the booking exceeds 7 nights, a linen and towel change will be provided free of charge and will be left in the property at the start of your stay so you can make the change. Please place dirty linen in the bags provided. If you require more linen this may be delivered but this is a chargable service to you the guest.
12. Cleaning – The property will have been cleaned by a professional cleaning company prior to the Guest’s arrival. The Guest undertakes to notify Parade House. Woolacombe at their earliest convenience should they notice inadequate cleaning, so Parade Hosue, Woolacombe can endeavour to rectify the situation. The Guest is asked to leave the property in a clean condition, ensuring all bins are emptied in sealed bags in the outside Bins. That no dirty pots are left in the sink. That the BBQ has been cleaned if used. That the garden has been checked for rubbish and cleared. That Towels and linens have been stripped from the beds/rooms and placed in the labelled bags and left by the front door. There may be extra charges if this has not been carried out and taken from your damage deposit.
13. Personal Property – Parade House, Woolacombe hold no liability for personal property belonging to the guests left at the property during their stay. Any personal property left in the property after the agreed check-out time, may be moved, removed and/or disposed of by Parade House, Woolacombe.
14. Termination of booking – Parade House, Woolacombe has the right to terminate a booking at any time on the grounds of abuse to staff,
mistreatment of the property, or criminal activity on the part of the Guest. Any sign of smoking either inside or outside of the property, may result in immediate termination of the booking, with no refund being offered.
15. Information – Parade House, Woolacombe reserves the right to amend prices quoted, due to errors or omissions. While every endeavour is made to portray a true representation of the properties, no guarantee can be given to the accuracy of the photographs or descriptions. All information supplied by Parade House, Woolacombe is given in good faith and is based on information available at the time. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of any statement made either in writing or otherwise, but Parade House, Woolacombe is not liable for any variation however caused.
16. Injury Or Loss – Parade House, Woolacombe cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal effects howsoever arising at the accommodation. Neither Parade House, Woolacombe or its representatives, can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond Parade House, Woolacombe’s control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness, or failure of any public service supply. Parade House, Woolacombe will not be held responsible for any death or personal injury incurred during any stay at the property save insofar as the same arose through any act or omission by Parade House, Woolacombe.
17. Force Majeure – Parade House, Woolacombe will not be liable for any delay, loss, damage, or expense incurred if the Guest’s booking needs to be altered or cancelled or Parade House, Woolacombe is unable to perform its contractual obligations as a result of events beyond its reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as war, civil strife, terrorist activity, labour disputes, natural or man-made disaster, fire, flood, and adverse weather conditions.
18. Access – Parade House, Woolacombe and it’s representatives and subcontractors have the right of access to the
property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the Guest, for the purpose of inspection of the property and for the Owners to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
19. Security of Tenure – As the property is used as a serviced Rental Period accommodation it is exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. No rights of tenancy are created for the Guest(s) after the term of this agreement expires, which coincides with the published check-out time and which is included by default in the Guest’s booking request.
20. Insurance – It is recommended that personal holiday insurance be taken out against cancellation,loss of goods. It is further strongly advised that personal accident and medical insurance is also taken out.
21. Liability – Parade House, Woolacombe does not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the guest, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property, which the Guests or anyone connected with the Rental Period may incur. Parade House, Woolacombe are not and shall not be held responsible for any maintenance / building works taking place outside of the rental property.
22. Authority to sign – The person who places the booking certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons being booked for, including those substituted or included at a later date, and that all these shall likewiseobserved the Terms and Conditions. He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property. In this sense, references to the Guest apply to
all the occupants of the property.
23. Disclaimer – All properties are used at your own risk. At properties where there is a balcony or elevated terrace, this is used at your own risk. Parents should ensure that their children are supervised in such areas at all times.
24. Dogs – Your well behaved, house trained dog/s (1 yr and above) is/are permitted at Parade House, with prior permission before booking (There is a fee of £25 per pet per stay). No Pets are to be allowed on the sofas or in the bedrooms. No pets should be left alone in the properties for long periods of time and they should be crated during this time. We advise you to bring your dog(s) passport(s), as you never know when you might need them. Please clean up after your dog. If dog pooh is found in your garden area, our house keeper charges £10 per pooh, which we pass onto you, the guest.
What we are doing to ensure that you have a great and most importantly safe stay at Parade House Woolacombe.
Firstly, we are ensuring that each property at Parade House will be cleaned and sanitised to the Covid Ready Guidelines from PASC UK, the AA and Visit England. We have also undertaken the Gold Standard certification scheme, called ‘Safe, Clean and Legal’ from Quality in Tourism.
We have produced a Risk Assessment that covers all aspects of our business and this can be seen if required. We will also load it to our website.
We will be gathering all the information we can about where you can go out to eat, as booking in advance will be critical, as there will be limited capacity at Restaurants and Pubs and many Take-Aways need advance orders to allocate collection slots. This will be sent to you in regular updates prior to your arrival as more businesses open up. We will include attractions too.
On arrival, your property will be ready for you at 1800hrs. The cleaned keys will be in the cleaned key box. Please do not arrive before this time as it is critical that we can complete the enhanced cleaning under the cleaning protocols above.
What we are asking you to do to help us ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
We ask that you socially distance from other guests please, especially relevant with small children.
Be rigorous in following social distancing when out in public.
If you show any signs of having the virus then you along with your guests, must immediately self-isolate and inform us. The next step is to get tested by contacting:
The result must be shown to us. If positive, everyone in your party will need to return home as soon as you reasonably can, if any Member of your party can drive you.
We advise all guests to take out adequate holiday insurance to cover the losses involved as if you have to cut your stay short, you will not receive a refund.
If that is not possible and in the unlikely event you have to self-isolate here, then you will have to pay for all bookings that have to be cancelled as a result. This includes cancellations where other guests leave other properties on site because of the presence of a COVID sufferer.
We will need you to provide, names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in the party, so that we can pass this onto the NHS if it is required. This information will not be used for any other purpose. This must be provided at the point of arrival or before.
We have HMG guidelines that only two households (which can include a bubble) can holiday together in July.
We cannot police this and ask therefore that you risk assess your own party and decide for yourself if your group is appropriate.
Remember the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash hands thoroughly.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you at Parade House, Woolacombe.
The Parade House, Woolacombe Team